Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dog Days of Summer


Let's get right to the heart of the matter- I'm not really trying to outdo Mikki with regurgitation stories, trust me, this was not an experience I relish or cherish, but somehow feel compelled to share with you--- Jennah left at six am to take her SO to Halifax for a dr. appt (broke his foot kick-boxing- let's not go there!) So of course I was awake to make sure she was awake- (old habits die hard) Alexis didn't wake up until nine, her usual wake up time--- I never had a baby sleep in that late, until they were teenagers- but the baby wasn't the problem-- THE DOG-Jennah left a note asking Philip to take out the Brute, but duh- Just because Philip has a messy room here, doesn't mean he's here - he isn't- so I'm freaking out thinking about the "poor" little beast, until Frank comes home at noon- my chance - now Brutus may be only half my weight, but all 75 pounds of him are pure muscle mass, no match for my 150 pounds of body fat-- I'm trying to hang on to the leash for dear life, he pulls me down to the lake, and drinks, and drinks, deeper and deeper- get the idea! The disgusting part? He also has liquid streaming from 3 orifices, two of which were NOT nostrils--- are you totally repulsed? So was I- but I must confess to feeling mercy for his condition, Philip, where are you when I need you??
I'm posting early because as I was swallowing my crushed up pill (have a phobia of swallowing pills) I realized it was Nytol instead of Crestor!!!!! Feeling a little tired about now, but will be forced to do a minimum of housework as I changed our study group night to Tuesday, so I could participate without baby interruptus, but Jennah probably won't be home in time--- Gotta lie down, thank you for letting me share that disgusting story- should probably let him out more frequently today- Kaopectate for dogs???

4 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I was in the middle of a deep rest, but it would have to be election day in Nova Scotia, and we have 5 eligible voters in this house----Yes, I took my Crestor--but I think I need to add blood pressure pills to the mix!!

June 13, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Oh my lord..what a story! Maybe you wish you were still at work! hehehhehe.
Gads..I am overwhelmed! Three orifices..
By the way...one of the signs of aging is mixing up your medication!!!!! hehehehe..If I was a nicer person I would feel sorry for you, but I find this quite amusing..hehehehhehe. But, I do feel sorry...really! I do.

June 13, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

P.S. I like that 'baby interruptus'. Good one! It's about the only interruptus we get these days...hehehhehee.

June 13, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Taking the wrong meds is not good . I can see how you would be sleepy . I finally decided to "try" and start a blog after reading yourse for a while I decided why not try ! .
It is http://aussiesmama.blogspot.com/ .
See you tomorrow :)

June 13, 2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home