Friday, May 19, 2006

Yarmouth's Claim to Fame


We made another first- the first community to have a married gay mountie couple! Anything I could say would probably be not politically correct, But I have never thought of Yarmouth as a San Francisco, or even moderately liberal- I wonder if there'll be any protesters outside Rodd's on June 30- Several years ago, when there was to be a speaker at the High School, Ed Muttart who held a doctorate in Education, - his topic was to be Global Education- and the Christian coalition of ministers phoned Phil DeMille and said they would have their congregations out in full protest if the man stepped foot in the high school, due to his religious affiliation being Baha'i, The principal was rightly outraged and left the call up to us, not wanting to cause bad feelings, we cancelled the event- I'd like to think we've progressed since then, and although I have mixed feelings about this marriage, I do think it is their choice- My soap box speech for today!
This is a double duty weekend- Austin is here now and Jennah works Sat & Sun- Monday is now my Saturday. Frank finished off the chili today- Made for an easy cooking week- Gotta go give Aussie a bath now-

2 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

I only saw the headline, but did post some comments on my blog.

May 19, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I've met a few gay couples during my days at work. They seem to get along better than most hetero couples. It doesn't really bother me and never did. I think they deserve the same rights as anybody else.
Sounds like a full day for you Susie...have fun! While, I on the other hand, have the whole weekend to myself! Hehehe.

May 20, 2006 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home