Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Long Sunday


Two days in a row- What a loonnngg day- Austin woke up at five am, the listener is beside my bed, so I jumped up to fetch him before he could wake the sleeping minions and animals downstairs. He was soon reasleep before I made it upstairs, but I, of course could not get back to sleep, knowing that Frank's alarm would be going off at seven, so what was the sense- Nothing but sales pitches and sex shows on at that hour of the day, and CNN is all repeats- not worth watching the first time around-
As predicted, the upstairs dwellers, except MeMa (Austin's name for my mother in law who lives with us) woke up precisely at 7- My nan duties began- first course banana, then oatmeal and toast for Austin- and watching the Learning Tree channel while digesting- I know all the shows- Toopie and Binoo, Teepee tales, Dora, Diego, Berenstein Bears, Mighty Machines, Daniel Cook- the cheeky little red head.
During the Berenstein Bears, I snuck into the smoking room (MeMa's room with an air purifier) to have a coffee and a puff- Jennah came upstairs around 9:30 am with Alexis (5 month old) Austin's mom and dad came around ten to pick him up from his weekend stay- The rest of the day- a cycle of baby feeding and changing diapers- and gooing and gaaing- changing baby stations from the jolly jumper to the exersaucer to the not so automatic swing, and reinserting the dummy (Australian for pacifer) as needed.
Until now, Jennah is home- hurray- and I can check my email, read michael's blog, and fill this post with drivel. I also managed to watch a variety of home shows- Flip this house, sell this house, hot property, how not to decorate- Someday I may put all this knowledge to use, rather, Frank will- if we win the lottery~~~You gotta dream- Our house is a showcase of the seventies, or sixties, ugly brown swirly shag rug- outdated linoleum floors and ugly kitchen counters-
Interruption- just when I thought my duties were done, Jennah decided to get groceries, so could I watch the baby? Nasty habit, that eating thing-
Tomorrow I am really really going to try and quit smoking- I try every tomorrow- Monday seems always filled with hope- We'll see- any hints ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home