Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy ??? Mother's Day


Isn't she beautiful, our mom? Bombarded by mother's day- radio, tv, stores, impossible to escape, so why try?Up to 3 years ago, I mainly related the day to my mother, but after losing Chris, it took on a more painful meaning- assessing my own role as mother and falling short- feelings of guilt, regret, remorse, and anguish.Wishing I had been a better mother, but sometimes the lessons we learn come too late-I honour Chris by loving his child, and showing him the unconditional and all empowering love that I wish I had shown Chris. And it brings me some measure of peace and an indissoluble bond with his spirit. And the third perspective I have is extreme pride at seeing the wonderful mother my daughter has become. It seems so natural for her to be a mother- I miss mom, more as time erases the difficult times, and I think of her with tenderness, compassion, and love- and I've even laughed thinking about some of the scrapes we got ourselves in and out of. I guess this post covers the therapy part- This is the way I picture her now- Reunited with her mom, and so the cycle continues------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Oh Sue, I was thinking of doing the same thing. I miss her too, and we did have some good times...the weird and funny things we did. Yes, she is beautiful, and always will be. I just wish she had known that we loved her. Hopefully, she knows now.
Happy Mother's Day to Jenna..her first one!
And to you too Sue...you did the best you could, you have nothing to feel bad about. You are a much better mother than I am, and always have been.
Love, Sis

May 13, 2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Thanks for posting that Susan...and yes she was, and is beautiful. Happy mother's day to you. I admire your heart of gold and compassion.

May 13, 2006 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MOM, I didn't get a chance to tell you happy mother's day before I rushed off to work. I want you to know that I love you, and I personally think that I have the greatest mother in the world! I'm very grateful to have you as my mother and am thankful that Alexis has such a great grandmother.
Love you mom,
Jennah

May 13, 2006 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home