Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Grave Sight


Self explanatory- I understand the expression "set in stone" - final, permanent, reality, sad- It's within walking distance of our home, but we rarely get a chance to walk, taking care of Alexis until 8:30pm -We actually bought four spaces- couldn't bare the thought of Chris alone, so frank and I have our inscription and places on the back of the stone, and there is a space to the left of Chris- I know he's not really there, but it is a quiet peaceful place to pray and mourn- Someday I'll post a picture that shows where his spirit resides-
Back to the mundane- American Idol tonight and Amazing Race tomorrow!!! It's a soggy soggy day- severe flooding in maine, their weather usually comes our way- our house precariously sits close to the lake and beside the stream which empties into the three lake system- last spring the water almost covered the bridge and actually submerged our lawn chairs and wharf- Keeping our fingers crossed and kayak at the ready!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

It's raining here right now, but just lightly...just enough for Tuffy to be mad at me cause he doesn't like rain, and blames me.
I guess I'll watch American Idol, but I don't really have a favorite.
Chris will always be with us, as will Mom and Max. It's been a hard few years..lots of love...sis

May 16, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I do indeed hope that you guys do not get flooded out this spring. I think the worse of the rain is over now.

May 17, 2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home