Monday, May 22, 2006

Airing my Dirty Laundry


Am posting early because I need to rant- okay, so today frank stayed home, I guilted him into taking a day off- HE did the laundry, it was sunny and windy, opportunity too good to pass, After I hung the clothes out, he says, "It's supposed to rain today!" Response "Why didn't you tell me BEFORE I hung them out!!!!" So I left them to go Frenchying- and now it IS Raining!!! He wanted me to take them down, in case they became too heavy and the line would break, and the whole cycle of nagging and guilt would begin again! But I am thinking that a little rain can't hurt and they will eventually dry, won't they? My other burning question is, what is the proper way to hang shirts- from the bottom, or from the top, having never been schooled in the ways of hanging clothes, I want to do it correctly- you just never know when the clothes police might be lurking in your backyard- and what about long pants?
Now, Traveling Man told me he does the Sudoku puzzle in the daily paper, and that is the catalyst for my newfound craze- I found a Sudoku website- motherlode of puzzles- My rationalization for this mania is that I need to activate some brain cells, before they all atrophy from overload of reality tv-It sure feels good to solve the "hard" ones- Haven't solved any yet, but I know it will feel good, without the adverse effect of gaining weight or feeding cancer--
This blogging is working well for me on the therapy, self-analysis part- One of the few things I miss about work is the daily interaction with adults, that half hour in the staff room where we discuss tv shows, news, work, and the faults of our spouses- This blogging fills that void, so thank you for joining in- we're just one big happy staff room!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Can't help you in the clothes hanging dept. sis...but do you want drum lessons?

May 22, 2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I agree...shirts and pants should be hung from the bottom..The collars of the shirts will dry quicker and the waistline of the pants will also dry quicker. If I have clothes on the line and it starts to rain, I just leave them there till it stops. They've got to dry sometime!!! Hey, I play Sudoku too...can't do the hard ones yet..just the easy...and some mediums. It does keep the brain working...I think!

May 22, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

fireguy, there are some things that just can't be taught!!! Tell Dad to go to http://www.websudoku.com/?level=3 to print off some puzzles. My brain is aching, but I'm so close to solving a hard one, that I can taste it---

May 22, 2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thank you tuffysmom and teahound for the laundry advice- and the explanation- Now it makes sense-

May 22, 2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home